Compare our Nation between the 1940’s (when Leaders ran Washington), versus now (when Politicians run Washington).
When our country was attacked Dec 7, 1941, we had Leaders in Washington:
- We mobilized our entire nation (including corporations) to adjust to a war footing.
- Within months, companies that were making teapots were making tanks.
- Companies made contributions to the war effort.
- Ships that took months to build were taking days to build.
- Our entire population contributed to the war effort.
- We made it clear what our objectives were: to take down the governments of Germany, Italy, and Japan.
- We stayed focused, and successfully fought wars in three Continents: Asia, Africa and Europe.
- After less than four years, we won WWII and returned the majority of our troops home.
Due to the threat of invasion in the1940’s, we had armed troops patrolling our borders and built bunkers to ensure their safety.
All nations admired us and we became the new “World Superpower”.
When our country was attacked Sept 11, 2001, we unfortunately had Politicians in Washington:
- We declared war against the Taliban in Afghanistan, but did not mobilize our population or our corporations (politicians don’t want to inconvenience either group).
- Our nation has continued to operate in a “business as usual” mode.
- Companies are profiting from (versus contributing to) the war effort.
- We lost our focus; we attacked neighboring Iraq under false pretenses, and Afghanistan has become a “bit player” in a regional conflict.
- We have never understood what our objectives were in Iraq, or what “winning” might mean.
- Our tactics in Iraq are breeding more hatred from Arabs and Persians and more terrorists are being cultivated. The Middle East has become more dangerous than before.
- After more than six years, we still have not located or brought to justice our primary attacker (Osama Bin Laden)
- After more than six years (in just two small countries), we are no closer to winning the war, and are no safer than we were before we were attacked.
- Our troops are stuck in a “no-win” war, & are being killed daily with no end in sight.
- Our country is being bled dry economically by the mounting costs
After years of actual invasion by those from other countries, (with over 20 million illegal aliens in our nation today), we are unable to protect our borders or even protect those who are patrolling our borders. Those who patrol our borders are being shot at and even being imprisoned by our own country for shooting drug dealers who invade our nation.
Most nations hate us. Due to the continued hemorrhaging of monies into this un-winnable war, other nations (ie: China, by loaning us money) will soon become the new “World Superpower”.